The Digital Humanities Summer Institute at the University of Victoria provides an ideal environment for discussing and learning about new computing technologies and how they are influencing teaching, research, dissemination, and preservation in different disciplines.
As a sponsor for the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) 2014, NINES is offering five tuition-free slots to scholars of nineteenth-century literature and culture interested in the digital humanities. Early registration for tuition at DHSI usually costs $950 (student rate $500).
Anticipated course offerings for this year’s workshop (June 2-6) include:
- Text Encoding Fundamentals and their Application
- Digitisation Fundamentals and their Application
- Fundamentals of Programming/Coding for Human(s|ists)
- Understanding the Pre-Digital Book
- DH For Department Chairs and Deans
- Advanced TEI Concepts
- TEI Customization
- A Collaborative Approach to XSLT
- Electronic Literature in the Digital Humanities: Research and Practice
- Feminist Digital Humanities: Theoretical, Social, and Material Engagements
- Geographical Information Systems in the Digital Humanities
- Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities
- Physical Computing and Desktop Fabrication for Humanists
- Augmented Reality: An Introduction
- The Sound of Digital Humanities :: Sound in the Digital Humanities
- Visual Design for Digital Humanists
- Cultural Codes and Protocols for Indigenous Digital Heritage Management
- Digital Humanities Databases
- Data, Math, Visualization, and Interpretation of Networks: An Introduction
- Understanding Topic Modeling
- RDF and Linked Open Data
- Drupal for Digital Humanities Projects
- Out-of-the-Box Text Analysis for the Digital Humanities
- Games for Digital Humanists
- Conceptualising and Creating a Digital Documentary Edition
- ARC, or the Advanced Research Consortium
More information about these courses, and the Summer Institute itself, can be found at the DHSI website.
Send a 1-2 page description of your research interests, their relationship to digital technologies and your reasons for wanting to attend the DHSI summer school to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th, 2013.